The White, Green, Black, and Herb of Tea

This is a revised post I did on my old blog. Originally part of a blog-a-thon at Gracious Hospitality.

This particular has been inspired by Catherine and her new blog, and excellent post on tea. We need to invite Catherine to Caroline's post on Wednesdays, as I noticed Catherine used the word temerity in her tea post!

January is hot tea month! Please visit Miss Janice to celebrate.

May 2, 2008

My favourite tea is from Dilmah. Because of the price I will also drink IGA Courtyard round bags or Madura Tea Estates... Dilmah has a website to visit here.

Tea is black tea to me. However, I do sometimes drink camomile with honey, with having so many children and extended breastfeeding, from memory I had to stop drinking it for awhile. I was amazed after buying chai tea, that I love the smell and it really made my cupboard smell nice for awhile. It even tainted some of the plastic cups, though lemon fizzy drink with the smell of chai tea behind it is lovely. The lemon drink had 211 in it, so I have only been buying natural lately, I think I am alergic. We have instant Dandelion tea in the house, and it is very nice, by Symingtons. The chai tea is missing hmmm. It must have got too much for them?

We buy the teabags that don't have the tag, they are more for teapots. I have mine in a mug white with two sugars. When I was little I had it black with two sugars, I think the same way my Dad had it. My memory is not good, but I think it is related to those teas I drank in the shearing shed when I was little. Still the best memory of drinking tea, in an enamel mug. My aunty made the tea, and had a giant teapot.

I remember recently after we bought our house that we are going to move into (I think lol) not wanting to discard the taps we found in that house. We had to in the end they were past their useby date, there were three types of turners, lots of things, but that seems like a long time ago. The bottom line was, the end of the tap reminded me of the same material that kettles and things are made of, coated brass. Already I have forgotten but the base is brass and the top a silver colour.

The preferred mugs in this house are white, with a picture on them and a certain size. Most were given to us. Recently I found one the same on ebay, and this time a picture of Raggedy Ann to celebrate 90 years. There is another one here. One broke the handle in the mail even though it was very strong, but fortunately my favourite one survived.



I buy my tea at IGA. I drive 50 minutes to get there every two weeks or a fortnight and drive on a dangerous but very scenic route.



January 2009

I ended up buying some more Chai Tea to make my cupboard above the bench smell nice when I open it. I couldn't buy it at my usual shop. I actually went to Safeway? in my regional centre in the spring, and bought some there. It is Nerada Organic.

My latest "acquisitions" are Pickwick Recharge, English Breakfast
Lipton Green Tea
Nazirs Chinese Green Tea
& Twinings Pure Peppermint.

After reading Catherine's post about the Irish love for tea, I found that Australia comes after the UK, Ireland, New Zealand and I think we come equal or after Japan.
Tea Moods by Heather Ramsey

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh I SO love tea! I always buy ones in interesting looking packages when I shop! I think the only one I didn't care for was one, I think it was by Twinnings, called Prince of Wales. It was a black tea and just very....Auntie Toni described it as having a "masculine" taste...like a man woukld drink it while wearing his smoking jacket!
I'll peruse through your links to read through the tea blogs!
Your drive to town looks alot like our valley here, except we aren't very green right now.
Linda said…
I'm curious now, I'll have to keep my eye out for that one.
Linda said…
Apparently Twinings has introduced a new tea for Australians.

"Twinings has released a variety of tea catered specifically to tastebuds Down Under - and is only on sale here in Australia!

The finest quality black tea can be enjoyed everyday, preferably with milk. Simply Tea is lighter than English Breakfast, and less exotic tasting than Earl Grey or Darjeeling."

http://www.especiallyoffice.com/webalogue/en-gb/dept_606.html

That seems to fit my feelings about Twinings.
Joolz said…
Hi Linda

I am partial to good ol' Bushells teabags for a good cuppa. I also like Twinings Earl Grey, Lady Grey, love the Pure Peppermint and their Chai. A cup of tea before bedtime makes me sleep better.

Cheers - Joolz
We are tea drinkers in this household. I start each day with a cup of green tea. I love it and can drink that without milk. I just discovered Rooibos Vanilla tea, now that is a red tea from South Africa with a lovely vanilla flavour scent to it. I take milk in that, and that is also really good and quite sweet.

We drink your regular Tetley or Red Rose tea (black tea) on a day to day basis. We also have Twinnings tea here in Canada. Dd is a fan of their Earl Grey tea.

You know, I may also do a post on tea on my blog. I will of course link back to you.

Gill in Canada
Hill upon Hill said…
Why is your 'tea route' dangerous?
Linda said…
The section of road you see there is very steep, trucks come down it very slowly. It is a black spot.

You always have to remember to slow down in case there are trucks coming as it wouldn't be nice to meet one at a speed where you couldn't make room for one of the narrow road. After the road edge there are often ditches. I use my 4x4 tyres often to compensate for the road. They are upgrading parts of it now.

There is also roos that often come out in the day, and other hazards including a narrow bridge with a 20km restriction. You have to concentrate the whole time, which you do nearly every direction here.

I am rambling a little but that doesn't cover it all. One of the hazards is the occasional cow.

Popular Posts