Daisy's Weekend Challenge


This is from notes from daisy mountain via Out Back. Yes, my date is confusing, but it is handy to press the button and get the oF temp. It is about 107oF as it has cooled down since I have brought it inside, so a little bit of guessing. Today is 6/2/09, my Dad's 70th birthday, sadly he passed away last May.


Current mood: itchy. Usually these seed pods look very itchy. I found there was a better view of them from the front but I am not going back outside, sorry. I have just consented to walking up the street to get some board shorts for a Youth water play night for my eldest daughter. I bought honeycomb icecream for my little girl with her pocket money and got a school cookbook that I have been wanting for ages. Trouble is I crossed the street again and got caught on the north side with no shade for a little while. No wonder it was too easy before this.

I drove my car to school, no air-con, but at least it is back from the workshop. So I got out and walked to school to pick up my daughter. The first two days hubby did it, so I have only done it twice this school year. Hopefully next week will be easier.

Itchy? I have heat rash. I have to remind myself not to scratch. Tania I am so sorry your temperature is so high there. I don't feel very happy at all in some ways. Not unhappy but things are definitely out of the ordinary. It makes you appreciate simple things. Everyone keeps remembering some year like 1969, does that mean I will have snow on the ground outside this winter? I have been here five years, so maybe I will see some. That would feel a bit strange too. I think there was a story about the week my Dad was born and the heat, must ask someone about that.

Comments

Unknown said…
well done Linda that is absolutley an "itchy" photo. Sorry you feel that way though!!

daisymum
Caroline said…
Hi Linda I did daisymum's feeling photo today to. It was fun I hope we do it again.
Tania said…
Hello Linda,

Hope your itchiness soon passes along with the heat. (one more day, but who's counting?) I have just discovered that all our baby mandarines are falling from the tree because it is so stressed.

It is nice to be able to remember loved ones that are no longer with us when a special date comes around. It reminds us how much we miss them. I feel for you Linda, I bet you have spent most of the day reminissing about your dear Dad.

Enjoy your weekend,

x Tania

Popular Posts