A day in my life ~ February


I thought I would do a day in my life post as it is the last in the series, and I was thinking about my day anyway for the Simple Woman's Daybook post. I think this is my 7th post. Thank you very much for hosting these Jenny. Here are my other entries. I must read through them again and reflect on my year. What an amazing time of the year to both start and finish a day in my life.

The graphic above for those who don't know it, is Jenny's kitchen, her dishwashing is inspiring.

Today my husband woke me at 9am, as he knew I was complaining about sore eyes and not being able to read well yesterday. The girls beat me to the shower so it has been a very slow start to my day.

My husband fixed the door handle to my daughter's room. We have a 60s extension in our house and the door knobs have broken in the four rooms, toilet, bathroom, and two bedrooms, though not all at the same time. Not sure what number we are up to now. The toilet one broke while my little girl was in there, thankfully she didn't have to stay in there too long. We were able to buy the part to fix it no problem. That is one thing this town has plenty of, little things like that to fix things with.

I found I had dreamed about fire related things again last night, not sure if watching on TV has been good on not in that case. I suppose it gives the subconscious and memory a good stir around. I lived in the area five years ago, and it is good to remember some of the smaller things that happened there that I had forgotten.

My daughter had phone calls and visits from her friend in the middle of all of this, she ended up going to her house.

My husband and son went to the school to do some vital English homework. Basically if he doesn't pass it he can't get an ENTER score, and will have to try direct entry or look for work. He has been getting extra help this week, which has made me feel a little better.

My daughter wants to do something for Valentine's Day. One of the nicest things I like about Valentine's Day is a TV episode of one of the Pooh Bear shows. We used to watch it a lot on video. Thursday I saw some gorgeous red shiny hearts, I assume they were chocolate. I didn't buy one though, I was tempted to.

We had some canned ham and cheese toast sandwiches for lunch. Our daughter cut out a colourful heart. We discussed how our middle daughter is going better at school than we first thought. There had been some recent tests and it was a relief.

My husband and son on the way went to the tip with the trailer loaded up with cardboard boxes. It is not free to take them to the tip, but we decided they were a fire risk close to the house. We were saving some for moving and things like that. Not sure if these were an excess or all of them. When we recently moved our son and his girlfriend we found the large fruit home delivery boxes very good. I guess they have been designed to take heavy weights, like potatoes, cordial, pumpkins etc.

We had two cups of tea. I guess after last week in the extreme weather not being able to enjoy a cup of tea, we were making up for it. I read my old a day in my life posts. It turns out it was hot on the 14th day of January, I didn't think that was the case. I wonder if that was before or after we bought a fan. I seemed to manage to be able to blog after I got the fan and blew cold air onto my back.

I picked in the washing so the dog could be allowed off the chain. It wasn't particularly pleasant outside. Last weekend, the day after the terribles fires started in Victoria seemed to be the last straw for gardens locally, the ones that are not watered regularly. There is a slight smoke haze to add to it now. Our backyard is basically watered, but as I said before we hadn't been watering the lawn because we had thought we weren't allowed. So it is recovering slowly.

I took the towels in over my shoulder, yes dropped one when I got inside. Then picked in a washing basket full, that was at least double in size. I find I can manage an overfull basket OK. It wasn't all clothes, lots of rags and tea towels.

I was shocked. My son said he needed new boxers. He washes his clothes, and yes, they are definitely worn out.

Put on a few fans, standing outside made my heat rash itch.

I read a little from my book, and helped dd make an impossible pie. It said a flan or casserole dish, I'm afraid ours was neither one or the other. We have never made it before. The butter wasn't quite soft enough and the sugar, white, processed hopefully to caster. I guess as long as it goes hard we can eat it.

Well I am pleased with the Impossible Pie. It is nice having tea/dinner at Nana's house or something, nice with cream. We don't eat pudding here, but if we did I'd make it often I think. I have a tip, don't eat it after rice wheels.

I watched a little of the CMC Country Music Awards, I didn't enjoy it as much as I did the last time, so only watched a little bit.

I read a bit more, we had tea late and the older girls are watching a movie with Dale Midkiff, we all like him, and I like Kirsty Alley who plays the Tooth Fairy! I seemed to be hot or running a temperature, haven't got to the bottom of that yet.

My little girl is getting a book read or reading a book. We ran her a bath, and afterward she gave me a cuddle and said nice things to me.

Hubby watering the garden at the other house and weeded while our boy mowed grass. I was fending off lots of questions about sleep overs and things like that, it took quite a long time.

During tea/dinner making my daughter did her sewing homework, a sample of ruching or something similar. I think she is very pleased. She is using the material my Mum made up in a kit a few months ago. I guess it was to encourage her with her sewing.

I saw a great sunset too, which was nice and reminded me of the sunsets I saw last autumn. Next week or so it will be bulb planting time. I heard a cricket I thought, perhaps it was last night.

Comments

Scrappy quilter said…
Your day has definitely been busy.
Sounds very much like a Family household...

Popular Posts