Happy Homemaker Monday


Today in our State, this particular homemaker, has lots of emotions, I would say mourning over my fellow Victorians.

Here is a thing called Lend An Ear.

On my bedside table:
I did start A Town Called Ruby Prairie by Annette Smith

On my TV:
Nothing. The last thing I watched was a special news report about the fires on ABC last night (Australian public broadcaster).

On the menu for tonight:
Curried Mince & Vegies we are having this as we have no beans to make the usual Chow Mein.

On my To Do list:
If things settle down I will be making a shopping list and start doing normal things again, like shopping. Our kids have been in school for six days so far. So the weather, fires, smoke and school and after school activities and a child away at camp make things abnormal. I have my car back and will get used to using it and the new motor again.

New Recipe I tried last week:
Taco Salad with Sour Cream Dressing. I think it was our first taco salad, as they are not common in Australia. It was a fairly hot day and a change came through while we were eating it so it was quite dramatic, wind blowing through the house.

In the craft basket:
We have the sewing machine on the table. Our eldest daughter learnt how to thread up a machine again, she had practise classes before the Christmas break, then one lesson and wanted to have a quick reminder before school today.

Looking forward to:
cooler temperatures.

Homemaking Tip for this week:
Aquaint yourself with the pectin test if you want to learn how to make jam. It requires using Metholated Spirits.

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
These posts are about an Australian TV series called Outback House. The blog owner was able to visit the set.

One
Two

The Moment in Time's Australia Day fun. I found her blog at Amanda's Australian Story. Please view the video in celebration of Jamie's 13th birthday.

I also enjoyed looking at the Ship Full O'Pirates blog.

Favorite photo from last week:


Our piano lesson girl!

Lesson learned the past few days:
That we are not adequately prepared for things. More work needed there.

On my Prayer List:
Mandy has asked for prayers for her seven children, particularly the ones who have grown and are young adults away from her home. Their father is very ill. Please visit Mandy's blog, she is a very strong lady and you will find it a positive post, though it brought tears to my eyes. I know that was days ago, sorry Mandy. But I know you would appreciate the prayers.

The parents of two children I read about on a blog this morning.

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
I thought of a scripture, but can't remember it at the moment.

This meme is from Sandra's blog.

Comments

What a great blog you have...So full of everything I like.
Especially food and recipes!!
Will be back
Kim said…
Glad to hear that you and yours are safe and well - the fires are all over the news here in the UK, it is so terrible.
Keep wekk, Kim xx
The Old Dairy said…
Linda,
Thanks for your prayer support that you have asked for, I know that it is heartfelt and means so much to me and the children. I was glad to see your poast and that you are O.K. Life is such a blur at the moment with all that is going on in this mighty country of ours.
Keep safe..
Woke up this morning to my public radio station news about the fires, and thought of you immediately. So glad to know you are out of immediate danger, but so sorry about the agony and devastation elsewhere in your country.

"Neither life, nor death, neither angels, nor demons, neither the present, nor the future, nor any power; neither height, nor depth, NOR ANY POWER IN ALL CREATION, will be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:39 (emphasis mine). Thinking of you, kristin
Monica said…
So sorry for the loss in your nation right now. What a tragedy. Blessed be the name of the Lord.
Sandra said…
Thank you for joining in :)

So sorry to hear about all the fires, I'm glad you're ok.
Scrappy quilter said…
This continues to be one of my favorite blogs. Love the cute picture.

Popular Posts