Kinglake Magazine

Tonight we are listening to 774 again. It is a Melbourne radio station, tonight they are broadcasting from Kinglake. They are discussing a magazine that Kinglake produces called Mountain Monthly. I think after living here for 5 years, I threw my copies out, just before the fires. Not sure if all of them went or not. I used to get my copy free from the Flowerdale Shop I think. I was only thinking "I wonder will happen to Mountain Monthly" yesterday I think. Obviously they are still well etc. and by the sounds of it their headquarters still functioning.

My Mum and I discuss Kinglake and I try to remember things about it. If I do find an old magazine I can refresh my memory for her. Or now since hubby mentioned it from the radio, read it online.

I remember reading about the different special kindergartens, things all new to me at the time. I remember having an opinion on the choice of the magazine covers each month. After seeing the memorial service for the bushfires I missed the trees, so can look at them in the magazine. Hubby mentioned that there is a subscription for it.

Another area of Flowerdale

Comments

Catherine said…
Linda I was thinking of you all in Victoria the other day when we saw the national day of mourning services on TV for the victims of the awful bushfires. It was so sad, and to think of whole communities destroyed.
I hope the weather cools down for you now that Autumn is on the way. Here we are looking forward to spring as Lent begins, we had our pancake day today, Shrove Tuesday.
Linda said…
I was thinking hang on, we had Shrove Tuesday yesterday lol. My daughter had cooked pancakes at school.

Catherine I think you are the first person who has given me a slight understanding on what Easter means to those in the Northern Hemisphere.

Popular Posts