Nearly Autumn


Five more days. This is the week when I usually notice the leaves starting to turn. This year is very dry. I really notice it when I drive around. There even seems to be heat affected leaves in gutters. Smoke, as you can see, very dry grass, an awful drought look. But in some ways pleasant, there seems to be wind or breezes, I suppose you have to enjoy it before the weather turns colder. It does remind me of days long gone by on the farm. Did I tell you one day I thought I could remember what it was like walking through a sheep yard in summer, a memory of the dust etc. It actually makes me happy though I would deny it lol.

We got a hammock for Christmas in 2007, and found a small tree and another tree to hang it on. I was absolutely amazed after I was invited to lie in it, what a good view it had. My own resort in our yard. However, I don't think I will test my luck in it, will leave that to our daughter who has been enjoying a book. It is actually her hammock, and I am glad she is able to use it now.

We found our fourth blue-tongued lizard. I wonder how many others there are in that hatching?

Comments

The dB family said…
Sounds lovely -- despite the smoke! Fall is a really beautiful time of the year!
Joyfull said…
Autumn is my favorite season, since we are leaving winter here, it seems a long way off! The photo is beautiful!

Popular Posts