Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY Saturday...

Outside my window... my nylon windsock blowing around

I am thinking... how could they change the weather forecast for tomorrow! A few of here in Aussie blogland though today would be the last day like this we would have to suffer for awhile.

I am thankful for... the shop having cordial this morning. Cordial is probably like Koolaid. (It is non alcoholic.) Apparently my husband heard them saying the other day that stocks were low.

From the kitchen... I like to have lunch with my husband, but it is just our little girl and I today and I have to find something appealing soon

I am wearing... sleeveless shirt and my new second hand board shorts, they turned out to be very unflattering. What do you guys wear for togs?

I am creating... working out how much sugar to buy for jam

I am going... if it is cool on Thursday, which is possible apparently, food shopping after a long break

I am reading... it is still too hot to read, and still stuck on Annette Smith's A Town Called Ruby Prairie. Apparently it is like reading Mitford or Phillip Gulley. I like both of those, sometimes they seem slow. I could possibly read before the late afternoon sun heats up my bedding. I even considered putting something thermal over it once, yes, I am heat addled, and thankfully thought better of it quickly

I am hoping... I stop feeling like there is always lots going on to manage

I am hearing... my little girls TV show, Dora and a fan going

Around the house... everything seems dark and dull, though we did some of the bathroom this morning

One of my favorite things...
recipes that others love cooking like Impossible Pies

A few plans for the rest of the week: Packing for the beach for my middle daughter, first piano lesson for my little girl

Here is picture thought I am sharing...
it is not a very elegant photo and the weather had got to the flower. But, it is a spider lily that we accidently left behind when we shifted the other bulbs to our new house. We haven't painted our trims yet and they are desperate. Maybe this year. They are very nice plants. Apparently they are in the streets in Singapore.

Comments

Pip said…
Oh yes, spider lilies are everywhere in Singapore, a bit like agapanthus are here.
Keep cool
Pip
Scrappy quilter said…
Stunning plant. I've never seen one of those before.
Linda said…
Beautiful. It is growing with a succulent, but you can see the nice leaves towards the right. My MIL gave me some pots when we moved here. Some looked like other plants, but as they grew we had such lovely surprises. One I haven't identified yet, a tall blue bulb.

Thanks Pip, I'll try.

Popular Posts