Thankful Thursday ~ February 5


Thursday: Sitting watching CMC for a little while, listening to Little Big Town, they seem decent enough. It gave me a break from worrying about the heat.

Friday: We were sitting out on the grass, our cat nearby because it was very hot inside, once the sun goes down it cools down quickly outside. We were watching a family of galahs and a dragonfly or two, big ones.

Then I saw the moon and a planet. Later our son said to look at the moon, it was dark by then and an orangey shade. My daughter was commenting on how many stars there were. Then I saw what they said to me was a satellite, and now I know which way is north. I have wondered exactly where it was since moving here.

Saturday: My son and middle daughter got to go fishing with their Dad despite the heat. They saw some baby fish in the grassy water.

Sunday: A hot day, but my husband took time from his house renovating to spend the last day at home with us before school starts.

Monday: I felt very blessed after my children came home from their first day of school. My little girl is in a familiar setting with few changes, that is great because I loved the last school year she had. Our son who is repeating his final year to improve his English, which he has the aptitude for, joined in, though he had some sad moments. I guess he was mourning last year. He had a good day.

My daughter who started High School which is Year 7 walked home with her sister. She didn't put on her new glasses, I hope she gets more confidence. I knew she hadn't practised enough at home. I guess it takes awhile.

They all seem very motivated. We forgot to take a first day of High School photo, but took one the next day. Lucky we bought those camera batteries.

I got the last of the food for the fortnight, hubby had to buy it in stages as I couldn't drive anywhere in the heat.

Tuesday: I can feel it is not going to be so hot today. I also saw the forecast for Monday and it looks like it is going to be a lovely day. We have had extreme temperatures for an extended time. Usually it lasts only a few days. I feel I am starting to calm down about it. This morning before I calmed down I was starting to itch my heat rash. I have stopped scratching now.

Our daughter says her friend is getting glasses soon. She learnt her hers, and when the other girls gets hers, she says she is going to be brave and wear them too.

Wednesday: Our son decorated a birthday cake for his sister and it is very artistic. We used some of those lovely green and orange sprinkles and farm animals we bought in a larger supermarket a few months ago. Our daughter's friend gave her a lovely top. It keeps our mind off the heat. I also got some of my Christmas hampers ordered.



My husband is able to use his other car to help the mechanics. My car is complicated because it is dual fuel. They have been very kind and taken this into consideration when rebuilding my engine. Everyone says the leads are backwards, this has been twice, hopefully it will be sorted out.

Please visit Iris to learn more about this meme.

Tea Party by R. J. Vanderneer
Tea Party

Comments

Scrappy quilter said…
I love your thankful Thursdays. Theya are so descriptive, it's almost like being there with you. That birthday cake is great.
Joyce said…
Hi, Linda,
I enjoyed your Thankful post. I do hope the weather moderates for you.

Time allowing, I really want to do a Thankful Thursday post, too. It's been a while. :)
Tammy said…
Cute cake! A great list of blessings and simple things of life. Happy TT!
Denise said…
This was such a nice thankful post.

Popular Posts