Thankful Thursday


The theme for this week is love.

Thursday:
I was so pleased that our piano teacher was able to reschedule times for my little girl so she could continue on with her ballet classes. I was so worried about it.

Friday: I got my car back from the workshop. It has been there for a very long time.

My brother had a heavy tree limb fall just short of him, sparing his life. In the hot weather the eucalypts drop limbs.

Saturday: My daughter got to have a nice day out riding the river rapids, not big ones, just big enough for fun I imagine.

An awful day in Australia's history. We lived there in 2003, and were disappointed that my husband's contract couldn't be renewed so we could stay there. One of my daughters were saying she is very glad we were not living there anymore. I guess it will put it to rest for me too. I have been trying to recall lots of memories of my time there, I guess more will come to me as time goes by.

Sunday:
We were twelve hours without a radio or tv transmitter in our town. So glad no fires came while it was down.

Monday: Having one daughter away at camp made it easier to dealt with a fire threat we had, and also to help the other three kids with some of the things to do with school and their activities so they got extra help.

I was so thankful for the cooler weather, it felt more normal our life on Monday night going to sleep with cooler air etc.

I was very thankful we were able to sleep because the weather was favourable for the fire fight.

Tuesday: My son and his girlfriend offered to buy a cheap crank radio for us, I put in some money and we got a nice one. I appreciated the care for us.

Wednesday: It appears all the fires close to us are out, so unless others break out we are able to relax. Still smoke in the air, but after the 2003 and 2006 fires we are used to that somewhat. The weather report seems very nice, and we are now not expecting other 40oC days, unless some come along next week.

Comments

Scrappy quilter said…
Music teachers are wonderful. Glad she could change the time.

So happy to hear that things are cooling down there and that you are safe.
Joyce said…
I am so thankful, with you, that the fire threat in your area has abated. Thanks for that map that you posted at the bottom of the blog page.
Unknown said…
Hi,

Boy do I understand your worries. I hae been in the path of wild fires. It can be very scary. Glad your home was not affected. Have a wonderful TT.
Grammy said…
I am glad to here you got your car back and your brother is ok. I hope you have a great week.
Jennifer said…
Wonderful list of thankfuls! I am glad that you and your family are safe in the midst of the fire threats.

Happy TT!
LAURIE said…
I love seeing your grateful heart in each of your days of the week. Happy TT!
i said…
Glad to hear you're having a good week so far. Glad too that your home is not affected by the wild fires. Happy TT! God bless you and keep you safe!
In all that is happening we still have much to be greatful for.
Beth in NC said…
I am so thankful your house was spared.

Happy TT!
Beth
Anonymous said…
First, you are so blessed to have a little girl, I have boys and we're not planning to have another one. Second, you are so blessed to have your own car, I dont have one and I dont drive either, we cant afford to buy one at the moment and Im afraid to drive in this area where we live, ots of crazy and jackal drivers. I enjoyed your post. Happy TT. Hope to read more TT again.
Laurie Ann said…
Praising God that the fire threat is gone and your family was safe. Wonderful list of blessings! Happy Thankful Thursday!
Up Close said…
Hello! May God bless you and keep you and He may answer you prayers today! God bless!

Popular Posts