Today


Today sees the radio and TV transmitter out again. In the meantime my son and his girlfriend put a lot of money towards a crank radio for us. I can't wait to see it. They got it from Dick Smith. There is smoke here, all it does is make it feel hotter than it is, and it is only a couple of degrees over the forecast which was quite cool. The dried up gardens here and there from the weekend makes it feel hot too.

I woke up very tired. In the end I ordered the fruit and vegetables online like I usually do and decided to buck myself up. I had been watching two videos on the Today site about Flowerdale and had a bit of a cry. I had wanted to remind myself of Flowerdale since I did live there, if only for a short year.

Though I was reminded of how serious it is at A Bite Of Country Cupcakes blog.

I am in the here and now though for my kids, and doing what I have to do.

My daughter wanted to go to the library, so we went there. It was good. I haven't bought a parents magazine for many years, and had just recently thrown out my copies that I had hung onto perhaps for seven years. The new one is excellent. It talks about large families which is why I borrowed it. Lovely references to the net.

The tiredness bothered me as I have a big day ahead shopping and driving. My daughter will be coming home excited from camp as well, so this is my last day to sit and think, though I will still be doing that I think. I think when I am trying to go to sleep, but I do sleep.

I have since watched the Prime and ABC news. My son called after he watched the Prime news. It was sad for us.

Having said all that, I do have an award to pass on, and have been happy to receive it.

Comments

JGH said…
Linda, I've been watching the news and thinking about you, wondering if you're experiencing any effects of the fires. I hope they find who did this. So tragic and infuriating.

Thanks for the friendship award! Very nice of you.

Popular Posts