Back to Basics Challenge


Sowing seed or Planting


Nothing that I can remember.

Planning for The Future - meal planning, the next seasons garden plan, working out storage plans or more long term goals and projects like plans for digging root cellars


We emailed back to one university about accommodation for next year for our son. It is the second one we have organised. My daughter brought home brochures of another uni. it sounded good, but so far the other two sound better I think. We have five possible courses that are nice with the two unis. It is cheaper to stay in the uni accommodation from what I understand.

I bought some costumes for upcoming events while I had the opportunity to go to Spotlight, which is 1 1/2 hours from our place. Also a pinata as it is a yearly event at our house in the middle of June.

Working for the Future - storing food, managing stores, preserving, building that home made cob or solar oven, adding house insulation, saving for manual grain mills etc


We finished the curtain curtain and hung it in the toilet room of the new house. Last week I mentioned it was made from a damaged curtain in our current house. My husband cut the loops in part of the pattern so the edge is scalloped and finished.

We have three light fittings that I bought on ebay some time ago fitted in the computer/sewing/music room of our new house and the front entrance.

My husband took the opportunity since he was going to the dentist in our hometown to take our other dishwasher to our hometown appliance/white goods servicer. He then brought it home again and it will be reinstalled into our home and the other one back at our new house where it came from.

While going to our hometown he took back to the regional centre on the way past a phone that nearly caught fire. We didn't want to have to pay for the rental of it when we are not using it. These days in isolated areas like ours you can't use the normal post office for things like that you have to go to a larger post office. The phone was less than two years old.

My husband and son picked up a cupboard that I had on layby for our new house to go with the existing pine cupboards. It was damaged in transit, but will be OK with a bit of work. It wasn't really anyone's fault and it has lovely lace work on the shelving.



I went to the regional centre myself and got some more shoes before my foot slipped off the pedal in the car and I caused an accident. I find Athlete's Foot good.

Building Community - volunteering, donations, joining an existing community group, forming your own community group, taking a cake to a friend having a hard time, calling someone you just let drift out of your life, etc


I took my pusher now that my youngest is seven, to the op-shop.

Learn a new Skill


I tried using my reading glasses in the supermarket. It didn't work. My husband suggested maybe I need to bend the ends in to stop the glasses coming off when I bend to the lower shelves. Any suggestions?

I watched some more of River Cottage Autumn on TV and learnt a lot. There were details about goats cheese and other things. Found Shannon Lush's cleaning tips in an old House & Garden magazine. Links to these shows on last week's post here.

My son is really good at making tails and hands and sewing them. It is part of a Leafeon costume. I don't think he has that much experience, I meant to ask my husband if he had to teach him again how to use the machine. He had some textiles lessons at school, I think in Year 7. He is now 18.



This meme comes from Belinda's blog.

Comments

Popular Posts