Back to Basics Challenge


Sowing seed or Planting


I bought some Jerusalem Artichokes and am looking forward to having them in the ground. They are called sunchokes?

Planning for The Future - meal planning, the next seasons garden plan, working out storage plans or more long term goals and projects like plans for digging root cellars


I have an appointment to talk to a Filla Freezer consultant to help with meals and food shopping in the future. It is harder to buy cans of beans and some of my favourite smallgoods. My choices are getting more limited. Not sure if my health has improved by not buying processed foods, I don't get fish fingers or pies or anything at the moment except in the Christmas hampers.

Working for the Future - storing food, managing stores, preserving, building that home made cob or solar oven, adding house insulation, saving for manual grain mills etc


We put the dishwasher in the car and brought it to our new house. We borrowed it until we had the other one fixed, which it is now. It feels like an old friend is back. We love it.

Building Community - volunteering, donations, joining an existing community group, forming your own community group, taking a cake to a friend having a hard time, calling someone you just let drift out of your life, etc


My daughter is taking part in a camp.

Learn a new Skill


Nothing that I can think of at the moment. I have been interested in my son's attempt to make eyes for a costume using chiffon. I have been hoping I remember what chiffon is like. I showed him and his Dad one of our daughter's old dresses, and they went to the op-shop and found a skirt with that material on it to cut up.

He made some fur shoes for his costume from a penguin pattern I got at Spotlight when we first started this project, maybe as long ago as last year. They just slip over your shoes.

This meme comes from Belinda's blog.

Comments

Scrappy quilter said…
Everything sounds great. Hubby was just saying the other day that he sees and hears more and more people going back to the basics. I for one am very glad about that.

Popular Posts