Back to Basics Challenge


Sowing seed or Planting


Jerusalem Artichokes

Planning for The Future - meal planning, the next seasons garden plan, working out storage plans or more long term goals and projects like plans for digging root cellars


My son sent me an email with the dates for O week at university next year for his brother. It is Feb 1, which is good being similar start date to his sisters starting their school year.

Working for the Future - storing food, managing stores, preserving, building that home made cob or solar oven, adding house insulation, saving for manual grain mills etc


I started working again on my magazine stack. I got a large pile outside in the paper recycling bin. I also was able to take a bag of things from the bathroom cupboard. If we do shift house and sell a house, I hope it helps. I have to keep going though. It was done on Friday, the magazine stack which was very cold, which I thought was fantastic, working on a day like that. In the north east, sometimes between the heat and cold there are not many productive days left. The maximum temperature for the day was 3oC with a minimum of -3C. At 4oC Canberra had its coldest day for 50 years. We had snow on the mountain out front I think on Tuesday.

Building Community - volunteering, donations, joining an existing community group, forming your own community group, taking a cake to a friend having a hard time, calling someone you just let drift out of your life, etc


We got some more clothes sorted through. These were odd bods that weren't with the other clothes and cluttering up a room. They were in the "too hard basket" from awhile ago. They went to the op-shop. Perhaps there were six bags, not sure. Just food shopping sized.

Learn a new Skill


I tried mirin seasoning, my husband asked me to taste it. It is quite sweet. I needed sherry vinegar for this recipe, but really not sure if we used the right ingredient.

This meme comes from Belinda's blog.

Comments

Popular Posts