Back to Basics Challenge
- Sowing seed or Planting
- Planning for The Future - meal planning, the next seasons garden plan, working out storage plans or more long term goals and projects like plans for digging root cellars
- Working for the Future - storing food, managing stores, preserving, building that home made cob or solar oven, adding house insulation, saving for manual grain mills etc
- Building Community - volunteering, donations, joining an existing community group, forming your own community group, taking a cake to a friend having a hard time, calling someone you just let drift out of your life, etc
- Learn a new Skill
- Yes, we replanted our mint, in pots in the ground. In this photo they were in pots waiting for a tree to be shifted, then they got replanted. There is I believe, chocolate mint, apple mint, Vietnamese mint and moneywort.
- We realised today that we can't continue the painting in our new house's bedroom until the insulation is put in the ceiling first. There was slight dripping in a couple of places, or at least dampness with two very slight stains.
- I got an email today, that may help me out with the remaining homegrown raspberries in my freezer. I can't make smoothies with them because our fridge is at our current house, and the freezer at the new house. I found a recipe from a email newsletter from Taste, and the recipe calls for thawed berries. It is called a Berry & Apple Tray Bake (slice) for winter.
- We took 11 shopping bags sized bags to the op-shop filled with clothes that our daughter's either tried on or my husband sized, as he has a good eye for it.
- Not sure about skills. My husband was trying to offer suggestions on the way I got the fire back to life today in the heater.
This meme comes from Belinda's blog.