Books, Books & Yes, More Books


The last blog I can track this too is Popping Bubbles, she says to go somewhere else, but I couldn't find it. My answers will be well below standard, sorry in advance. I am reminded of a blog post at 100 Acre Woods, I site I go to sometimes, named "Did you really read the book???". It starts out:

I came across this article:

Most Britons have lied about the books they read.

It basically says that 62% have lied about what books they have read (mostly classics).

Anyway, the truth will hurt here lol.

1) What author do you own the most books by?

That would have to be Laura Ingalls Wilder, I think 10 works.
Tracie Peterson 8 works.
Janette Oke 5 works.

2) What book do you own the most copies of?

Laura Ingalls again, you can just see the duplicates above. I bought them on ebay in 2003, didn't know about Koorong online bookstore at that stage, I think.

3) Did it bother you that both those questions ended with prepositions?

No.

5) What book have you read the most times in your life?

The Long Winter, Laura Ingalls Wilder.

6) What was your favorite book when you were ten years old?

I didn't get stuck on any Wilder book. I had a few, but Mum gave them to either my cousins or step-cousins. I also read the Raggedy Ann books, yes, I have replaced them from ebay. I also read perhaps Nancy Drew and things like that. I need my memory jogged. We were in the club at school, where you get things to buy and Mum bought things, plus encyclopedias and Time Life. My girls find things to buy, but I haven't been doing that for years. It was a goal at one point, maybe I should think how I could achieve it.

7) What is the worst book you’ve read in the past year?

I think I would just take it back.

8 ) What is the best book you’ve read in the past year?

I liked the series starting with A Town Called Ruby Prairie. You can guess why I started it.

9) If you could force everyone you tagged to read one book, what would it be?

Tag, hmm, more research on this meme needed. If they had read Laura Ingalls Wilder, and nothing since, I would suggest Janette Oke's Love Comes Softly, it is seemless I think. It will open up a new world.

11) What book would you most like to see made into a movie?

I have only been slightly aware how many are made into movies only in the last few months.

12) What book would you least like to see made into a movie?

No idea.

13) What is the most lowbrow book you’ve read as an adult?

I don't mind if it is on not. We are pretty laid back about reading or playing kids stuff, and I imagine that would be the most lowbrow, what you you think?

14) What is the most difficult book you’ve ever read?

I read Roots because it was on TV. It took quite awhile as it was large. Maybe Shakespeare from my Year 12 reading list. I think it was MacBeth. I am forgetting the details now.

15) Do you prefer the French or the Russians?

I probably haven't read either.

16) Roth or Updike?

Same.

17) David Sedaris or Dave Eggers?

Same.

18) Shakespeare, Milton, or Chaucer?

I may have read a small amount of Chaucer. But maybe not.

19) Austen or Eliot?

I have been meaning to read Austen, but haven't yet.

20) What is the biggest or most embarrassing gap in your reading?

All of the above. Perhaps the latest newspapers.

21) What is your favorite novel?

The Long Winter.

22) Essay?

None.

23) Work of nonfiction?

Gone off non fiction.

24) Who is your favorite writer?

Perhaps Maria D. Wilkes.

25) What is your desert island book?

Secret Refuge by Lauraine Snelling was good.


26) What are you reading right now?

Anne of Avonlea.

27) What fictional character are you secretly in love with?

None come to mind.

28 ) Who deserves to win the next Nobel Prize for Literature?

No idea.

29) Describe your weirdest dream involving a writer, book, or literary character.


None that I remember.

30) What is the most obscure Shakespeare play you’ve seen?

I don't know if I have been any?

31) Favorite Poem?

I'm sorry guys, but I am over The Man From Snowy River. There are very convincing men that write in the papers about inaccuracies.

32) Favorite Short story?

I am also over Roald Dahl.

33) Who is the most overrated writer alive today?

Sorry, but Rowling. Maybe if I read it, I would have a different opinion?


I am going to add my favourite site about books: Debbie's Idea.

Raggedy Ann coloring pages.

I must have found this meme here first at what if this is as good as it gets?

Comments

Scrappy quilter said…
This was fun to read. Many of those questions I would have had to say no to, too. And I have to agree with you on Rowlings!!

Popular Posts