Thursday Thunks


A brief description of the meme:

"We pick a subject, and your job is to interpret it anyway you want. Write about it on your blog... simple as that. Maybe you can interpret it as a picture - we don't care!"


1. My daughter (aka Demon #1) informed me the other day that her hugs were worth a million dollars. Would you give up hugs - giving and receiving - for the rest of your life, for a million dollars?
I know lump sums of money go very quickly.  What would I do with it anyway?  OK I'd get a house and car (doesn't get a job for husband) and then cars get old quick.  Hugs, my seven year old likes hugs, she would be cut don't you think? 

2.Have you ever been bitten by a member of the canine family?
No I haven't.  I try to avoid suspect dogs, don't pat strange dogs, and get annoyed if a certain breed of dog is on the loose with me.

3. What is your favorite color of jeans?
After wearing black jeans, it took awhile to accept blue jeans again. 

4. What is something that has changed in public schools that you wish was the norm when you were in school?
I went to a large well ordered school, well the 7-10 was well ordered and large.  My P-6 was small and lovely.  11-12 was casual, some of the classrooms were houses.  I think I wished the 11-12 wasn't structured that you had to be either a business student, a science student, a biology arts type student or an artist type student.  I would have liked to have done harder maths.  I don't consider statistics to be harder maths, maybe it was just boring.  

5. What is your news source?
I catch some of the radio news my husband listens to and get upset nearly straight away, don't like the drama.  The local paper is challenging, but if I don't read it I don't know what is going on.

6. What sort of people do you think read your blog?
I think it is becoming that more Australians read it.  Quite a few months ago some Americans said they couldn't work out some of the meanings of things, but I have some lovely Americans reading my blog as well, and of course other countries.  

7. If I told you that I had a headache, you would say..........???
My usual response is to be a bit vague.  I would offer you a Panadol.  

8. You go to a buffet style restaurant, what is the first food you put on your plate?
I haven't been to one in ages.  I think I go for the salad.  

9. If you were stranded on a desert island.... no, we aren't asking that again. Lets put a twist into this. Would you volunteer to be dropped off on a desert island, to be picked up in a month? And you don't get to bring those 3 items, either.
I'd be annoyed about getting sunburnt.

10. When the sun sets, what are you usually doing?
Waiting for my husband to come home from work.  


To go to meme headquarters click here.  I haven't worked out how to link in the graphics with the new editor.

Comments

Becca said…
Interesting that some Americans couldn't understand some things on your blog. My last (and favorite) boss at my job was kind of Australian (he was born in South Africa but had lived in Australia for about 20 years). I also had Australian neighbors! I love the food ;)
Linda said…
I know mentioning tea instead of dinner is hard, but it is such a part of me that I think I'd rather say it.

Popular Posts