30 Days of Thanksgiving ~ Day 25


Happy Thanksgiving to those in the US! I'm sorry it is Thursday here already, maybe I am a bit premature!

In Australia Thanksgiving is fairly new, so new I forgot last year, it is in May or June. I think next year it is the 29th May. It is called the National Day of Thanksgiving.

Things I was thankful for on Wednesday:

~ surprise live plants in the mail, something very precious, I have to now learn how to care for it

~ interesting historical articles about my family in online newspapers (I was told about The Argus once when I was researching my family tree, it has details of fires of 1939 and others, and I learnt my family lost sheep) you can find it here. One of my Dad's cousins remembered reading about my family's fire loss in 1928 in the Argus, or knew of the article's existence, since I think she wasn't that old. We lived no where near Melbourne, they covered lots of things. I'm not sure if it was because my family had connections in Melbourne or not. Worth a look. I have included the National page for newspapers, the Argus included.

~ a salad my husband made, sometimes food can really lift the spirits (recipe follows)


Noteworthy thanksgiving posts that I have read since yesterday: Be Thankful


Four Objects of Thanksgiving Holiday



Lemon Crumbed Fish with Butter Bean Salad

425g packet frozen Birds Eye Oven Bake Lemon Crumbed
300g can Edgell Butter Beans, drained
8-10 grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 cucumber, cut into thin sticks
2 cups baby spinach leaves (my husband used mixed salad greens)
1 tablespoons low fat salad dressing (think he used French)
continental parsley (my husband added this, finely chopped I assume)

Cook frozen fish following packet directions. Combine butter beans, tomatoes, cucumber and baby spinach leaves and drizzle with salad dressing. Place cooked fish onto serving plate and spoon over bean salad. Hint: Serve fish and salad with Birds Eye Golden Crunch Fries.

30 Days of Thanksgiving is from Karla's blog.

Comments

Popular Posts