1. Gingerbread: For or against? Discuss.
Not sure about the arguement, if there is one. I didn't really know it was for Christmas, not something my little Aussie self was aware of. I knew about houses for Christmas, yes, gingerbread men, no.
2. Is it important to you to always stay (live) close to family?
When I was younger and also with young children I would have said yes. There is something to be said for being independent, or your husband and yourself being independent. After all I guess we have to grow into our parents shoes.
3. Which holiday pretend character do you wish really existed?
You mean so I could ask Santa for a present?
4. Which holiday movie best represents how you feel about Christmas or life?
I can't say I have watched a lot of them. I watched The Road To Christmas, a bit of a shocker though, well it was not expected. I didn't watch the start at the start lol.
5. Is there a particular Christmas song that you're enjoying now? Any that you're tired of?
Actually I should switch CDs in the car. Good idea. It is Lee Kernaghan's album with Santa Claus Is Back In Town.
6. What is your favorite way to remember those less fortunate at Christmastime?
Well, reading Happy Hermit's blog has helped me think more about the issues.
7. Does it upset you to see "Xmas" instead of Christmas? How about "Happy Holidays" etc., instead of "Merry Christmas?"
Yes with the Xmas. No with the Happy Holidays it is not something that happens in Australia very much though I have noticed a little change, but not where I live.
8. How many Christmas programs are you attending this month?
I have a school concert to go to. That is probably it.
9. Are you dreaming of a white Christmas? Any chance of that dream becoming a reality?
There was an icestorm in Canberra a couple of years ago, you never know. There was snow forecast only a few days ago, though it is warm this week.
10. Tell me about a Christmas present you received as a child. Pics are always nice.
I got a typewriter once, I guess you can't tell.
11. How many Christmas parties are you attending this month?
Too much on, think I will pass.
12. How do you keep yourself centered on the significance of Christmas?
I was just thinking how I still can go look at the Christmas lights, have the drive home on Christmas where I can see lights, still lots of nice things to go yet. Very much enjoying the Christmas shows by Nigella and Kirstie's Homemade. Much nicer than I expected. I haven't really been comfronted by the materialism, I went shopping two weeks ago. Today my daughter bought a big tub of matching ornaments and a long tinsel strand. Also she got two boxes of lights that change with the voltage, icicles hanging from the mantlepiece. My husband had to get them working, and it was well worth his investment of time. They are Christmas brand my daughter said.