Random Dozen



1. Have you ever been so lost that you were really afraid?

No, only for a few seconds. My Mum went into a fruit shop, those ones without a front, just fruit, and I didn't know. Our town had 16,000 in it, but we lived 30 or so miles away on a farm.


2. Have you ever been to an island?

I have been to Tasmania. I was about 14 or so, and we listened to Meatloaf nearly all the way around.


3. Are you more of a thinker or feeler?

Thinker?


4. Do you tend to see issues or situations in life as black and white or shades of gray?

I make them gray, then I don't have to be a feeler perhaps? Some things my family may hear about for a long time.


5. If you were stuck on an island, what book would you hope to have with you (Let's pretend the Bible is already there, so you can't say that.)

The Long Winter by Laura Ingalls Wilder.


6. What are you most afraid of?

Nothing at the moment. Actually the peridontist. It will probably cost an arm and a leg. I wonder if it is covered by basic Medibank Private?


7. Would you rather lose all of your old memories or never be able to make new ones?

My husband mentioned that I don't tend to talk about old memories anymore. It would be nice to make some nice new memories.


8. Pretend I'm looking at a scrapbook page about you. There are three spaces for you to drop in individual pictures. What are those pictures of, and why did you select them?

My favourite picture of myself (I don't get those old photos out much if at all) is one sitting on a horse, actually I have two favourite pictures of me sitting on a horse, in one I was quite young. In my favourite picture I have long hair (mostly my hair was short until I was older) and I think using my Dad's stock saddle. In the other one my Dad was in the picture and I was a toddler with jet black hair. I also like the one with hand crocheted vest from the 60s!


9. If you were re-doing your wedding, what would you do differently? (If you're single, tell me one thing you would do if you were planning a wedding OR huge party.)

I would try to work on the car radiator (or get husband to) so we arrived in more style!!


10. Tell me one thing you know/believe about forgiveness.

It is very confusing what it actually is.


11. You're waiting in a doctor's office. What is your favorite way to pass that time?

Looking out the window. Our surgery has cathedral ceilings and lovely large trees outside and birds.


12. If there were a clone of you in a parallel universe what is one way you hope she/he would be the same as you and one way you hope she/he would be better?

No regrets really.

Comments

Missus Wookie said…
I love the Long Winter too, but would have trouble choosing just one book.

Thanks for the comment and recommendation of another Quaker blog!

Oh and love that cloud photo on your daybook :)
Jan said…
Yes it was good to go to Tasmania, I suppose we all go or want to go.

Your doctors rooms sound a lot more appealing than some that I have been to.

Have a lovely week. Blessings
SouthLakesMom said…
Great answers! I did the "5's" this week and you're number 65, so "hi!"

About The Long Winter -- the school my children went to in early elementary years uses the LIW books in their curriculum. They used to use The Long Winter in 2nd grade but one winter they had an e.n.d.l.e.s.s. winter of snow and ice - as they were reading the book as a class -- and it seemed to everyone that they just could NOT escape! So they decided for the next year they'd read Farmer Boy instead (the other books were too 'girl oriented' for the boys to sit through!).

Well, this past winter, I knew exactly why the school had changed. I'm in Northern Virginia (outside DC) and we missed more school due to snow - BIG snow . . . my kids were actually begging to go back and they're teens now!
Joyce said…
Hi Linda,
This was fun, reading your responses. I agree, it's hard knowing exactly what forgiveness is. The closest I can get is that it has a lot to do with being willing to forgive, even if the other person is never sorry and never even thinks there is anything to forgive.

The Long Winter is one of my favorite Laura Ingalls Wilder books, too.

Next week I will try to remember to join in with this meme!

Popular Posts