Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY Wednesday...

Outside my window... it looks like a very pretty day, sun seems to have a bit of warmth in it

I am thinking... happy thoughts. I wonder what kind of lollies my daughter will buy at the sweet shop. She is out on another sports day

I am thankful for... the clothes that were given to my daughter at church. I got an assortment of girls clothes that would fit either of my younger girls, in styles that they like and colours they like and possibly even some for another year when my youngest gets bigger

I am wearing... a pink windcheater, jeans, beige skivvy that doesn't roll down at the top

I am remembering... that I enjoyed the Supersize vs Superskinny book, lots of good hints in it

I am going... not sure, our son is able to come home a week earlier than I expected for his break between semesters. His exams are finished, the exams in general finish next week. He is doing winter semester otherwise he would have had a very long break, anyway, maybe I could pick him up at the bus stop

I am reading... One True Love by Lori Copeland unfortunately I haven't read book 2

I am hoping... since my homesteadblogger blog went onto Wordpress yesterday (you may have noticed the posts showing up in googlereader) that I will get an email or figure out my new password. Very exciting having a Wordpress blog, maybe in the distant future I could figure out how to make it nice like the other Wordpress blogs out there

On my mind... thankfully nothing right now, thinking nearly put my back out this morning

Noticing that... my daughter seems more clear in her mind this morning about her VCE subject choices which is good

Pondering these words... I always get caught out with this one, thought of something only yesterday that I was pondering, wonder what it was. I know I was reading the lyrics to the album by NeedToBreathe that I don't know The Heat, which I think is better than Daylight except for the song Haley which I love, it is a young people's song though. The Outsiders is our favourite album, yesterday I was playing Through Smoke. I put some songs on the Mixpod, but often it doesn't save the way I like (see sidebar) (Actually it looks like it saved just fine.) More Time is a lovely song if you are having a hard time about money. Shades of Cat Stevens there perhaps?

From the kitchen... I love tamarind so much, I am tempted to put this recipe for Spicy Chickpea Casserole in my menu, I have nearly used up all my dried beans, but there are lots of chickpeas I can put into the next menu, or eat now lol. Allrecipes seems like a good site for recipes, not sure how they come up with such good ones, so far at least. Lovely site as well, and at the moment that page has apple crumble recipes (link) on the right side. Uh oh, I found heaps of microwave desserts

If we don't have that we'll have Italian Vegetable Risotto, since the chickpeas will have to soak anyway

Around the house... some of the new clothes drying

One of my favourite things... my Japanese maple looks very pretty today, though it is more orange and blotchy than I remember, maybe it varies slightly each year

From my picture journal... Saturday and some of my family went by the river



Meme from: Simple Woman's Daybook, please visit Peggy and the other daybookers. Peggy has given me some interesting words to ponder because I have been waking up worried.

"For Christians, the beginning of the day should not be burdened and haunted by various kinds of concerns that they face during the day. The Lord stands above the new day, for God has made it. All restlessness, all impurity, all worry and anxiety flee before him. Therefore, in the early morning hours of the day, may our many thoughts and our many idle words be silent and may the first word and the first thought belong to the one to whom our whole life belongs "
~Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comments

Popular Posts