Happy Homemaker Monday

hhm

It is hard to remember it is Monday. I know tomorrow will be a shock, with a minor payday and all systems go. My son will be starting a whole new and complicated timetable for the short winter semester and will be needing a lab manual.

The weather in my neck of the woods:
It is sunny and quite pleasant outside, though my eldest son rang from where they both live and said it is very cold in their house in Canberra today. Coles has a sale on oil/electric heaters apparently

Things that make me happy:
the tap set I got at the op-shop has been installed and it looks better than what was there. Also the picture of a dog in the pound a few hours from here who looks like our dog who died about two years ago and it seems like he has the same nature, would be lovely if we could adopt him, but I don't think we will

Book I am reading:
Winter Birds, great if you like hearing about 70s TV shows, Shakespeare and pondering life and life's basics

What I am enjoying on TV:
I am not sure I have watched any this week, or even for two weeks. I feel incredibly lazy, but I know I don't fill my time in on TV

On the menu for dinner:
Greek Lentil Soup to use up some dill, we have adapted the recipe to include wombuk instead of spinach so will use that up as well

On my To Do list:
I have a two week menu from which I have to make up a shopping list. The menu includes things I already have in the cupboard with minimal things to buy. I hear the odd complaint about no golden syrup (didn't even know my daughter ate it) but everyone is getting very inventive

New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
These lentil burgers (following), not sure why they appeal so much, not long ago we made another lentil burger recipe and I was very impressed Low-GI Lentil Patties with Roast Tomato Sauce

In the craft basket:
My daughter has a beautiful picture of a Yoshi costume online that someone made and she wants to copy it in keeping with the tradition her brother started when he make his Leafeon costume last year? I have bought the material at Spotlight and his Nana made the suit part from a penguin pattern I found there

Looking forward to this week:
Getting the deb photos back

Tips and tricks:
I have been eating horseradish cream on bread and butter for afternoon tea. It is a throwback to the time we made a sauce with boiled eggs and horseradish to eat with of all things, ox tongue I think, which is a very cheap meat these days

My favourite blog post this week:
Here is the American take on Sausage Rolls (ours are rectangle) from Mennonite Girls Can Cook
I could drool over spinning wheels and crochet and day, this time spinning at Gillybean
American Jays, ours are large and black with tiny bits of white, when it gets cold they have a lovely time

Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
Nothing I can think of.

No words needed: some long weekend travellers and locals taking advantage of a train that happens once a month I think. My daughter usually goes, but this time stayed home. My husband took my son there to that town to catch the bus home to the city yesterday. Just think my echidna friend lives in those bushes somewhere!



Lesson learned the past few days:
It would be nice if I didn't share all that was on my mind sometimes

On my mind:
Sorting our my husband's birthday pinata by Saturday. My middle daughter describes the local offering as a "box"

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
In the novel Winter Birds it says that Revelation changes tack at chapter 21. Maybe one day that information will be of use to me

This meme is from Sandra's blog.

Comments

Is that little train the one at Hollbrook???
My Son was such a train enthusiast,I remember visiting afew of the Mini trains
Linda said…
Yes, it is.
Oh My Memory is'nt so bad .....Beautuful old town too
Linda said…
Here are some more pics from Holbrook.

http://remotetreechanger.blogspot.com/2010/05/my-husbands-trip-out-to-interstate.html

Popular Posts