Happy Homemaker Monday

hhm

The weather in my neck of the woods: recent days, it has taken a distinct dive, my husband has been feeding the fire this morning

Mon
Jun 28
-5°C - 0.0mm
Sun
Jun 27
-2.8°C 9°C 0.4mm
Sat
Jun 26
7.0°C 12.1°C 9.4mm
Fri
Jun 25
3.0°C 13.0°C 0.2mm
Thu
Jun 24
1.0°C 15.9°C 0.0mm


Things that make me happy:
Hey, what is it with Blogger's musical signatures? Do you think I should try one? OK, I'll do it. Not responsible for what happens. Actually it is pretty radical, yuk.

Book I am reading:
Accidental Woman by Barbara Delinsky

What I am enjoying on TV:
Wife Swap (UK) and I gave up on the US one, the UK one was mild the US one no so mild, usually it is the other way around, must be new series

On the menu for dinner:
Curried Green Pea Soup from the McKenzies site. It is so simple it seems dull, but McKenzies usually know their soups

On my To Do list:
to figure out what we will be spending our money on this week to get the most done and also things with the highest priority

New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Nothing exciting. How about Egg & Vegetable Curry

In the craft basket:
my daughter's quilting still

Looking forward to this week:
getting things cleaner and tidied up, though we probably have lots of things to do only some will get done

Tips and tricks:
with uni it pays to do the timetable as soon as possible

My favourite blog post this week:
Compare Yourself to the Duggars (I have done this once, I started having kids around the same time they did.)
Sloppy Joes
The Top 50 TV Dramas of All Time
This really made me think. I have been beating myself up for watching an hour of daytime soap years ago (I didn't watch much at night) and for all the TV shows I watched as a child. But reading this list, I can see I don't watch much TV at all.

Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
I found this one and it is similar to those I visit and ones others visit.
Our Wee Farm

No words needed: osmanthus birkwoodi at nearly 10am



Lesson learned the past few days:
That a guy on a channel I subscribe to on youtube will have his book published about self-sufficiency. The channel is called Theproducegarden.

On my mind:
the weather, we have been spoilt lately, lucky I have lots of books

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Psalm 92:12-13 Blooming where you are planted.

This meme is from Sandra's blog.

Comments

Linda said…
Our maximum today was 5°C.
Renata said…
Oh my it is cold there! The picture on your header is beautiful - can yo see the snow from your place?
Thanks for the links - they seem very interesting.
Hope you have a lovely week
Renata:)
Linda said…
Thanks Renata.

We can't see that view in town, but do see a dusting sometimes.
Joyce said…
Hi Linda,
I'm a great believer in blooming where I'm planted, too. I just want to be faithful to the Lord in the little things committed to me.

It's nice hearing what you have to say on Facebook, too.

Popular Posts