Happy Homemaker Monday

hhm

The weather in my neck of the woods:


Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Sun
Jul 4
-0.3°C 5°C 0.2mm
Sat
Jul 3
-0.5°C 9.2°C 0.0mm
Fri
Jul 2
1.0°C 8.2°C 0.0mm
Thu
Jul 1
3.4°C 11.0°C 1.4mm
Wed
Jun 30
3.0°C 8.3°C 0.0mm

Today's fog would be yesterdays.

Things that make me happy:
I am grateful that the long blackout we had a few weeks ago has reset the time our hot water starts heating to a really nice time, that helps us survive this very cold winter

Book I am reading:
I have ordered more Barbara Delinsky, I am very choosy with her books

What I am enjoying on TV:
nothing really, watching the Disney a lot, I think Sonny With A Chance

On the menu for dinner:
Potato Gnocchi, homemade, but decided on a rice with eggs in it from an old magazine. I have been going through some my husband left for me, food magazines

On my To Do list:
working out more budgeting things

New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Fragrant Egg Curry we enjoyed the egg curry and are going to try another one

In the craft basket:
My daughter has been drawing

Looking forward to this week:
taking one day at a time, any sunshine will be nice

Tips and tricks:
for decorating bedroom ideas check out the Capt Snooze website

My favourite blog post this week:
God can even use Hey Hey Its Saturday...
Homemade Rainbows winter posts
A frosty reception at I op therefore I am
Train related to Laura Ingalls novels And One More on the Way
Down the Back Today... about old washtroughs at Enchanted Moments

Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
no new discoveries

No words needed: taken this morning at 11:45 am. I think the fog is yesterday's fog that didn't lift. Miss some really great pictures just before dark.



Lesson learned the past few days:
that you can buy Crabby Pattie gummy lollies from Woollies

On my mind:
my daughter going to the doctor this afternoon, she is recovering now

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
still about blooming where you are planted. I don't think I have ever listened to a sermon about it

This meme is from Sandra's blog.

Comments

Jan said…
Yes, Linda, the news has been that it is the coldest winter days in 61 years... it was -7C when my daughter went to work one day last week.
Glad there was at least one good outcome from the blackout.
Have a blessed week.
Hgs - Jan
Hi Linda, Thank you for your visit.
Now you have the three girls at home and the boys have moved out, does that mean less cooking? More time for Mum to spend on favourite things! Here it has been cold too. We do not have heating so we had to wrap up. I was wearing a singlet(which I generally never do) a warm pullover and a warm jacket, socks and cosy slippers. A rug over my knees. I have a lot of cleaning and pruning in the garden. I do not mind when the sun is out and the sky blue but when it looks cold and dreary I do not want to know about it. Anyway I like your photo with the fog. Also the one with the goldfish it is very pretty.
Happy days Linda and best wishes. T.
Linda said…
Yes, I am unsure what I am supposed to be doing.

We have left overs sometimes, it is less pressure.
Joyce said…
Hi Linda,
I looked at the egg curry recipe; it sounds yummy!
I think the main thing I think about is blooming where I'm planted, being faithful in little things, and seeking to trust the Lord in all the circumstances of life!

Take care!

Popular Posts