Happy Homemaker Monday

hhm

The weather in my neck of the woods:
It has been cold. I have taken to wearing Explorer socks over my other socks inside

Things that make me happy:
Having my back working again. I can sit for periods of time, not long ones. I can lift, but I don't think I will do it again for awhile. I can drive. I do get sick of standing after awhile, depending. And I can dry my feet!

Book I am reading:
I just finished a novel by Connie Monk. It was put in the Christian fiction section that I searched for, but I don't think the author writes Christian novels, but I may be wrong. She is like an English less rude version of Barbara Delinsky. But if she is like Barbara Delinsky her novels may vary. I really an unconvinced that these "mild" novels are suitable for Christians, myself included to read. However the setting of Connie Monks novels is very nice. Perhaps it came up because one of the main characters names is Christian?

What I am enjoying on TV:
I watched CMC top 30 Faith songs, but I think they were more a send up perhaps. Didn't get right to the end though, how was LeAnn Rhimes orange pantsuit?

On the menu for dinner:
Tuna & Mixed Bean Salad I may change that to a casserole, not sure

On my To Do list:
to write a shopping list from my published menu plan, I want to still save money, but I have more meat on the list this time, mostly mince though

New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Easy Chicken Chow Mein

In the craft basket:
Nothing I can think of

Looking forward to this week:
This week is pretty free. The dentist's appointment at the school dentist for my daughter was cancelled by the dentist this time. I am glad for me because I wasn't looking forward to driving with my 4x4 suspension and the windy roads and gear changes

Tips and tricks:
Check out the new metal edition Bibles if you have a teenager. My daughter chose hers and she loves it. It is from Koorong. The cover is metal and it has a clip which is actually magnetic. I think this is it

My favourite blog post this week:
haven't been reading more than a handful of Aussie blogs, can't sit long

Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
nothing that I can think of

No words needed: taken yesterday



Lesson learned the past few days:
that you can get 100% phone coverage on satellite from indigo telecom. Then my husband tells me that on our road to the regional centre they have been putting up towers lately. That would explain a couple of phone calls that worked when they shouldn't have. Usually you can get right into town before the phone call works

On my mind:
University books, bus timetables, though not as much as I should have it on my mind

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Nothing this week

This meme is from Sandra's blog.

Comments

Linda said…
CMC are asking for more faith songs, so I am pleased.
Joyce said…
Hi Linda,
I'm glad to hear that your back is doing better. My husband is having quite the trial with sciatic pain, but after several visits to the physical therapist, some strengthening exercises, and lots of standing and walking, he is feeling much better. I hope you continue to improve, too. :)
Linda said…
I am not exactly sure what sciatic pain is. I think it may have been suggested for me years ago by a nurse, I used to have trouble sleeping, I think it was my hip. The longer I live here, or eat when we do, not sure which, I have had good joints, no ezcema etc. etc. so I am pleased.

My back is healing really well. Not sure if it is prayers, I am healthy or because I had just been to the chiropractor. It seems like a miracle to me!

Popular Posts