Happy Homemaker Monday



The weather in my neck of the woods:
Thursday was cold as usual. The pink blossoms are on the plum trees in the street prunus, and pretty on sunny days

Things that make me happy:
This was a question posed in this month's (September) magazines. It must be a very individual thing, they had pics of a favourite painting, toy etc. etc. What doesn't make me happy is seeing Julie Goodwin on everything, sorry but it is good I don't have to see things like that where I live

Book I am reading:
I bought a Notebook magazine. I was reading it at the dentist and bought one. They had a minimum eftpos so I got a AWW as well. More about that later. Notebook was lovely and had a page on gratefulness, you can even email your own things you are grateful for

What I am enjoying on TV:
I am slowly watching little bits and pieces of Bear Gryllis, the girls watch it everyday, somehow I expect big burly blokes to do those things, loved how he jumped on the pig. On Friday night I watched a show by Jamie Oliver I hadn't seen before that included whole body scans, and fitness tests, and basically talking about hidden fats and salts, and also the Waltons about The Calf.

On the menu for dinner:
An interesting point as my husband will be home late taking my son to the interstate bus, he will have to have an early tea Monday

On my To Do list:
To get the LPG on the car fixed, which is booked in, we will have to leave the car there and possibly pick it up a couple of days later on the way through to yet more dentists appointments as I promised myself I would make the kids appointments on the school holidays, we are in our first of two weeks

New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Gourmet Sausage (link) Burritos from the recipes+ magazine which is a nice mag too

In the craft basket:
Will definitely have to take down the curtains in the other house that meet in the middle and split them to go either side of the windows, there are two windows like that

Looking forward to this week:
Driving my car on distances, and even around town without having to drive it on petrol/gas but LPG/gas, in other words I have a duel fuel car which is cheaper (when it works) LPG is much smoother, you don't have to rev much

Tips and tricks:
You can use industrial strength cleaner and high pressure to clean chimney bricks, and a super strength sealer for around hardiplank that is fixed onto bricks etc. it is very cheap, all at the Haymes supplier, lots of great advice, well hopefully they are all just as good, we go there to get a good undercoat

My favourite blog post this week:
I haven't been home much this week, and on slow internet, I did like the coffee on Foodie Wanderings

Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
You may like a blog that Foodie Wanderings visits called The Leftover Queen there are lots of canning pictures over there

No words needed: the unfinished cake, though she didn't really stick any mini marshmallows around the bottom in the end



Lesson learned the past few days:
The Woman's Weekly can't help itself. I really enjoyed the August issue, but September was like a completely different magazine, back to its "annoying to me" self

On my mind:
Why the AWWs story on sexual discrimination made me feel weak, the whole mag was not edifying, I was interested however in reading about Mark Holden and what he has been doing, and about Princess Mary of Denmark. Not impressed with the two articles on divorce theories, which no one knows about unless they experience it from all sides, though some bits were fairly accurate, but sad.

Interesting that Debra Hutton is not much older than me, I didn't know that. One article interestingly has a good point about middle age, probably worth buying the magazine to read it, once you get past the other stuff, yes I get wound up for hours sometimes days, and I am not usually wound up for that long. I decided it was good in that my daughter made the cocopop cake with the pink rolled out icing

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Nothing, it would be good if I had something inspirational to read, I have found a couple of novels to put in my reading list at the library. On Saturday I thought of Isaiah 9:6 "and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." Wondering about the councselor in particular, an interesting thought.

This meme is from Sandra's blog.

Comments

Popular Posts