Happy Homemaker Monday


The weather in my neck of the woods:
it is a gloomy day again, I have been quoting Eeyore this week lol. Not that gloomy today, I notice the front lawn has lots of clover from this constant rain

Things that make me happy:
Talking to my sons on the phone, when I know what to say lol

Book I am reading:
I will be reading Irish Chain when my parcel arrives from ebay, the second book in the Earlene Fowler Benni Harper Mysteries series, I have read them all except the new one, which I thought Earlene wasn't going to write but must have in the end

What I am enjoying on TV:
I considered watching some but have been enjoying just sitting around instead

On the menu for dinner:
Tuna, Lemon & Rocket Risotto, a last minute thing on the last day of the menu, my daughter had a special request during the week, still the stuff is still coming out of the fridge, cupboard or freezer

On my To Do list:
Make a shopping list from my menu, order Barefoot Investor written by a young Mallee boy stockbrocker (read a review in the RACV magazine and have wanted to buy it since, this was ages ago

New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Chicken & Broad Bean Casserole (fava bean)

In the craft basket:
thinking of buying an easy pattern for my daughter to learn to sew. My son has already booked himself in at Nana's place to learn how to make costumes during the holidays, Mum said she may take him to Spotlight where she lives

Looking forward to this week:
the usual worrying what to buy etc. I am looking forward to that being over, particularly someone running my car on petrol to see if the gas/LPG is OK, it involves a 3 hour drive

Tips and tricks:
for those needing to use up their silverbeet that is going to seed try this recipe. All the kids loved it, it is a rich meal.

Vegetable Pasta Bake

My favourite blog post this week:
an A-ha! moment
something beautiful
Day 13 - Taste, Baked Goods & Electricity has a link to Starbucks Pumpkin Scones, Ann they look lovely

Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
Janet Rose the two inspirational posts I have read so far are a joy (see above)
Country Chook and the Woodman (came to visit here, and has a lovely blog)

No words needed: photos my husband took in the bush on his way to the dinner party



Lesson learned the past few days:
That my son put his halloween pumpkin innards outside after he carved it and with the rain he has many many baby pumpkin plants, I told him his place will be scary after awhile lol, I learnt it is still fun to put pumpkin innards out in the compost

On my mind:
The Barefoot Investor book and articles about Kidults (adults that are kids at home) and Why Adult Children Have to Grow Up and Get Out!

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
nothing that I remember

This meme is from Sandra's blog.

Comments

Popular Posts