Happy Homemaker Monday


The weather in my neck of the woods: As you can see after the 2.5 night we lit the fire. It only got to 20 inside all day and the electric heater was on until 3.30pm.


Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Mon
Apr 4
5.1°C 23°C 0.0mm
Sun
Apr 3
2.5°C 22.2°C 0.0mm
Sat
Apr 2
6.6°C 21.7°C 0.0mm
Fri
Apr 1
6.2°C 22.3°C 0.0mm
Thu
Mar 31
9.8°C 22.7°C 1.4mm


Things that make me happy:
listening to Lee Kernaghan, despite saying I have moved on lol. I was singing along

Book I am reading:
I am going to try to read Carrie by Margaret Dickinson

What I am enjoying on TV:
nothing that I remember. I think some Trinny & Susannah.

On the menu for dinner:
see below

On my To Do list:
my budget is the biggest thing, depends if we are going to go to the regional centre to pick up the car, I have to get easter eggs, but the secrecy is the problem. Maybe I can send everyone else home with Dad, I'd say good luck with that lol. I would have to bring the cooler as well

New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Lentil & Cauliflower Dahl we ran out of eggs for our egg curry tonight

In the craft basket:
a dragon costume for my littlest girl for a monster birthday party she is going to. We used too small and broken costumes to make a new one, like wings from a small unicorn, the straps from a ballet costume etc. A skirt from her big sisters Mexican costume.

Looking forward to this week:
maybe getting my car back, they are working on it, and we know what happened to it. There will be a reduced price for us.

Tips and tricks:
The blue letter bible is on facebook

My favourite blog post this week:
Another thought about John Wesley, this time his marriage
Endeavouring to wind my bottom around the end of the year - Thinking about John Wesley from Penelope a Christian author from the UK

Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
Loving Life As A Mother an Australian blogger who visited from Simple Woman's Daybook

No words needed: more from the festival, everyone is gone and it is very quiet. On Saturday night I sat out the front and listened to the Lee Kernaghan concert that I could hear from my yard



Lesson learned the past few days:
I read this article that helped me because I was getting confused about how sex in marriage is good, and other stuff is bad, and where the line is. The article here is perfectly pg to read. There is a great book called Sex Is Not the Problem - Lust Is. I think I want to buy it. I am amazed how much normal people for example on fb seem to lust, particularly women, which is surprising to me, and I couldn't work out exactly what lust is either, but now I can see if through the first innocent article. I found all this by googling a line from a Brooke Fraser song "And the death of lust not one day". It is from a beautiful song called Here's To You. The article also has a practical guideline for dressing, that really I haven't been getting from reading other things and I am going to think about it



On my mind:
how on earth do you stop teens downloading movies and songs?

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
My daughter posted this on fb, but I think the translation is faulty. However it could be my understanding of it.
Anyone who hides hatred is a liar. Anyone who spreads gossip is a fool. The more you talk, the more likely you are to sin. If you are wise, you will keep quiet. ~Proverbs 10:18-19

18He that hideth hatred with lying lips, and he that uttereth a slander, is a fool.

19In the multitude of words there wanteth not sin: but he that refraineth his lips is wise. (KJV)


This meme is from Sandra's blog.

Comments

Popular Posts