Happy Homemaker Monday


The weather in my neck of the woods:
Mon
Jul 18
3.3°C - 7.0mm
Sun
Jul 17
-1.1°C 11.3°C 0.0mm
Sat
Jul 16
-4.1°C 10.6°C 0.0mm
Fri
Jul 15
-5.0°C 11.0°C 0.2mm
Thu
Jul 14
1.3°C 12.0°C 2.0mm


Things that make me happy:
ginger flavoured honey, I quickly bought some in Beechworth when I went out 2 weeks ago on my way to the dentist. He says my hygienist appointments will go back to yearly. Hooray!

Book I am reading:
Style Notes by Maggie Alderson. I think she wrote for the Sydney Morning Herald, her writing is lovely to me I could read it all day lol

What I am enjoying on TV:
the whole of series one of Spirited on youtube before the new one comes out on Wednesday, plus the Waltons, and even some of North and South on Austar

On the menu for dinner:
potato salad, a reader pointed out we must love potato salad, yes, altogether I managed to put three on the menu, oops. Oh well, the potatoes are going off

On my To Do list:
plan a trip to Canberra, I sort of am chickening out even though I can catch up with a facebook friend and even have a ride around the block on his motorbike and see ANU again which I love

New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Chorizo and Silverbeet Soup, though it sounds familiar

In the craft basket:
my son is doing another big costume while home from uni until mid August. It is the male version of a lopunny, a Pokemon. So far the head is taking shape

Looking forward to this week:
just quietness I think, maybe talking to my friends on facebook to see how they are going after their big weekends

Tips and tricks:
not sure

My favourite blog post this week:
May's Gifts From His Heart was meaning to do a post like this myself, I started this post around a month ago, it is still a great read

Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
Out Back Trains
Merewether Life
Last 100 Days as an Alcoholic

No words needed: my daughter's friend made the long trip from Ballarat to see her, and they went to this lookout. The school holidays finished today



Lesson learned the past few days:
doesn't matter how awful things look, something surprising comes with each new day. Today someone said they would try to send me a DVD which has on it.... wait for it my deceased Nana acting natural for the camera about 30 years ago. The time when I was a teen and the time of the reunion of facebook, a time we seem to be all thinking about and playing music from. It all helps me remember who I am.

On my mind:
my daughter's VCE and her plans for next year and if I am up to the challenge, please pray all goes smoothly, I think I need it

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
blessed are the...

O daughters of Jerusalem, do no awaken or cause love to arrouse, before it so desires.

Song of Solomon 2:7 (CEV)

" . . . never to awaken love

before it is ready." both from Youtube from Brooke Fraser's Love is Waiting.



This meme is from Sandra's blog.

Comments

Popular Posts