Microwave Cakes ~ Cinnamon Heaven


Today (Sunday) my daughter was hungry and we had a little while until tea time. She wanted to make one of those 5 minutes chocolate cakes in a mug. Once my husband decided he wanted microwave 5 minute teacakes, and make a plain cake and added a cinnamon mixture into it.

So it is this recipe the girls made, with butter icing with cinnamon in it on top, and those American styled sprinkles (at the bottom of this page) and new dollar sprinkles from Safeway. It was very nice.

Easy Plain Cake

1 1/2 metric cups self raising flour (our cups are 250ml size)
pinch salt
3/4 metric cup castor sugar
2 eggs, beaten (we use 70g?) eggs
1/2 metric cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
125g butter, melted (4oz)

Sift flour and salt into a mixing bowl. Add all other ingredients.

Using a fork for mixing, combine all ingredients well.

Grease and line with greaseproof paper, a 22-23 cm (9") ring microproof container. Pour batter into dish.

Microwave on HIGH 4 minutes. Stand 5 minutes. Turn out remove paper and cool. Ice with your favourite icing.

From: Sanyo Microwave Miracles.

(For Tea Cake option: 2 teaspoons castor sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon plus a bit of water, butter, heat mix in pan.)

We have had two of these cakes this week!

If anyone knows of a variation to the Chocolate Cake in 5 Minutes! please let us know!

Comments

Tilly said…
Wow, I've never heard of a recipe like this. Oh dear, cake available in 5 minutes, there'll be no stopping me and my waistline will suffer!
wow, I have some SR Flour in the house, so I think I may give this a try......

thanks,

Gill
Linda, I have made this cake and posted the recipe on my blog, along with links back to your blog, I hope you don't mind? Hopefully it will generate more traffic for both of us?

Gill in Canada
DeniseinVA said…
Now that looks so delicious. I've never made a cake in the microwave before. I have got to try this one. Thanks for the recipe.
Linda said…
I am delighted Gill.

And I have had my weetbix now and all is good.

Popular Posts