Love to Read Tag

Deborah at A Different Drum has tagged me.

Who is your all time favorite author and why?

I think Laura Ingalls Wilder still holds that title for me, though I have branched out a lot lately, starting off at that point. I read books by other authors about her mother's life etc. then went on to Janette Oke and historical Christian fiction. I think I can pick up one of her books whenever I feel like it and still enjoy it.

Who is your first favorite author and why?

I am not sure. Yes, I did read Laura Ingalls Wilder as a child. I also read Johnny Gruelle's Raggedy Ann books. I imagine I also read Enid Blyton.

Do you still consider him/her to be among your favorites?

Raggedy Ann, I bought the books back from ebay, but I haven't read them. I have fond memories of Enid Blyton but hadn't read her either.

Who is the most recent addition to your favorite authors and why?

Celia Wilkins & Maria D. Wilkes are Laura Ingalls family writers. Tracie Peterson is just fantastic. Lauraine Snelling is also fantastic. Catherine Palmer, slightly corny but nice. A new favourite is Emilie Richards. Not as reliable read for me as the others though, still getting used to her. On a par with Earlene Fowler.

So at the moment I would say Tracie Peterson and Lauraine Snelling. Though I am finding Lauraine Snelling slightly corny at the moment too. Maybe my tastes are changing or it is a small phase.

Lauraine Snelling is in offensive. Tracie Peterson lots of detail and interesting.

You can see my novels here.

If someone asked you who your favorite authors were right now, which authors would first pop out of your mouth?

A few weeks ago I would have said Emilie Richards. You can tell I haven't read much this week, my enthusiasm for the authors has dimmed. But I plan to read as soon as I can and am doing it slowly. You can get a bit of a clue who I have been reading from my recent Fall Into Reading post.

I am tagging:

Gill
Bee Content Ranch
Caroline
Tilly
At Home On The Rock
Monica

If you would like to play, here are the rules:

Link to the person that tagged you, post the rules somewhere in your meme, answer the questions, tag six people in your post, let the tagees know they have been chosen by leaving a comment on their blog, let the tagger know your entry is posted.

What have you been reading lately?

Comments

thanks for tagging me, can I do this after the holidays, as this is a meme that I need to really think about.........

Gill in Canada
Hi Linda,

Thanks for tagging me. I've put my entry up.
Monica said…
Thanks Linda, I look forward to this meme right after Christmas. :-)
Eni said…
I am exhilarated to learn that you have fond memories of Enid Blyton. I too have fond memories of Enid Blyton. Thus, as a result of my fondness of Enid Blyton and her books, I decided to write and publish a book on her, titled, The Famous Five: A Personal Anecdotage (www.bbotw.com)
Stephen Isabirye

Popular Posts