Thankful Thursday ~ January 8


For some reason I didn't think to start last Thursday which was New Year's Day thinking of what I am thankful for, and I missed it.

Tuesday: I had to write what happened today. Following on a similar line to my last Thankful Thursday post, my husband took our daughter to get her eyes checked again in our hometown. It is 2 1/4 hours and today was a hot day.

In the morning rather than buy lots of drinks I asked hubby to take the cooler. Actually last night I asked him to put some plastic cups of water in the freezer to make giant iceblocks.

On the way home, they hadn't found what my daughter wanted for her birthday. They stopped by a twin city, and in the second city over the border, the car was playing up at the lights. Hubby looked at the temperature and he pulled over. They had travelled over 3 hours and the car heated near a shop that had things for radiators in it. They could walk, the only downside was my daughter was wearing shoes she hadn't worn much before. They were also able to find a tap and buy a big container to put water in. Taps seem hard to find these days of water conservation. Hubby bought a radiator cap, put the water in and found a hose had burst.

The people who sold the hose later came to see how hubby was getting on as it was hard to fit, they even offered cold water for them to drink. It is a bigger town than our hometown but we find them very caring towards country people and probably people in general.

My daughter was glad I hadn't driven her to get her eyes checked, which she was last night!



Thank God by Karen Tribett

Iris is the hostess of this meme at Grace Alone.

Comments

JGH said…
Wishing you a happy New Year and many blessings in 2009!
Caroline said…
Sounds like you have had some good and bad luck.
It was good luck you were near a car shop & that the people were so helpful. Kind people can really make a bad situation so much easier can't they!!
Hope you have a lovely day today
Caroline
Linda said…
I hope you were able to find your award Reader Wil, I should have provided you with a link.
Nancie said…
A blessed and joyous new year to you! Thank you for sharing your thankful heart with us. May God continue to guide and provide for your family's every need. Take care!
Denise said…
May your 2009 be abundantly blessed.
Laurie Ann said…
Thank you for sharing your blessings with us. May God continue to watch over you and provide for you as He clearly has this week! Happy Thankful Thursday!
Hill upon Hill said…
Oh that is so good. I am thankful for you all too.

Popular Posts